Friday, July 25, 2014

Around the studio...

2 posts in one day, I know!
 
But I am taking advantage of the fact that Isabel is still pretty out of it today after all of the meds she was given yesterday for the surgery, so she is sleeping a lot.
 
Meanwhile I just wanted to share some of the things I have been working on.
 
 
First of all, I snapped a pic of my plants-they look so cute in the window today.
 I love plants, and I get no end of pleasure from them. I truly enjoy tending them and talking to them as I water,prune and repot them, etc.! LOL! I know, I'm a little crazy, but they are so cheerful and friendly!
I am especially infatuated with my cacti at the moment!
lol!
Moving on:
Here is my design board. I have been working on a lot of stitcheries this summer. As I finish each block I like to pin them up to help me keep focused, and frankly, to enjoy looking at them!
The two blocks on the left hand side are from the quilt pattern by Crabapple Hill called "Berry Picking Party". This is a gorgeous quilt, and the blocks actually stitch up pretty fast.
The little angel on the right side is from an original design I am working on for a Christmas pattern release.
And the bottom right is my progress on the free stitch-along from Jenny of Elefantz, The Lord's Prayer.I shared my beginning progress here. I am really enjoying this one.
 
And last but not least, here is a shot of my work table. You can see the fabrics I will be using for my Christmas stitchery design-it will be a quilted wall hanging.
What are you working on?
 
Blessings,
Annie


3 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I have the same fabric with the roses. I brought lots of Tanya' fabric. I am in love love with it.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

You've got some pretty things going on! How's your DD doing?

Carrie P. said...

your stitcheries are so sweet. I am collecting the ones by Jenny. I love her designs.