I had a lovely stitchy weekend, due to the cancellation of one of DD's basketball games. So I took advantage of some relaxation time to pull the Unicorn Sampler out of my WIP pile. I actually finished the doves eye stitches in the top cutwork band. There are still some needleweaving stitches that go in to form an acorn and other motifs. Then there is the lower band that I haven't even started yet-but for now I am pleased to have a big chunk of the top one done.
Here you can see the lower alphabet band, all done in italian cross stitch. I am working this one in silk threads on 35ct. cream linen. It seems every stitch in this sampler is time consuming, but it will be a great accomplishment when it is completed.
And here is my progress on AED 1746. I affectionately think of this one as Adam and Eve and the Devil. It has a lot of religious motifs on it, which I love, and a great A&E at the bottom center. This is another repro from Scarlet Letter that I started in January during the Crazy 15 Challenge. It is mostly if not all cross stitch, so it will go much faster. I love the 35ct Tea linen I am working it on-such a pretty color. I am stitching it in good ol' DMC.