Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Farme'rs Wife Quilt Along

If you haven't seen this wonderful quilt along while surfing the various quilt blogs, you are missing out! It was started by Amanda  and Angela. There is a wonderful Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Flickr group with over 2000 blocks on it now! I like to just go to the flickr group, choose the album, click on slideshow and enjoy!
So, although I am woefully behind everyone else, here are my first 2 blocks:
The top one is #26, Cut Glass Dish, and the bottom one is #20 Churn Dash.

SO...gonna join?

You just need The Farmer's Wife book by Laurie Aaron Hurd, (get it at Joann-they are 40% off right now-or use your coupon!)
If you want the nifty button like I have over there on the sidebar, click on mine and you will go to Fat Quarterly, scroll down and there are a couple of different buttons you can grab.

Come on!  Join the fun!!

If you do join leave me a comment and let me know. I want to know how many Farmer's Wives are out there!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Your blocks are so pretty! I love that Farmer's Wife project, but I don't think my current quilting skills are up to it. Plus, I love English paper piecing best. lol!

Patty C. said...

I am not joining right now - Extremely new to quilting - Your skills are far beyond mine - The blocks look wonderful !!!!

I am interested in the book - I'll be going to look for it this week ;)

Annie Beez said...

Believe me Patty, my "skills" leave a lot to be desired! You should see the first block I did, which ended up in the trash! LOL!

Lori Holt said...

I love these blocks...they're sew sweet:)
xx
Lori

Annie Beez said...

Thank you Lori!

Siobhán said...

I love your blocks! I would love to join--maybe eventually. I bought a ton of fabric last summer and haven't used any of it yet, so I am making myself do the quilts that I bought the fabric for first.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Sounds like fun. I just might have to join. I already have the book and this would be the perfect opportunity to get started on some of the blocks!

Sarkari-Naukri said...

Thanks , wonderful design, the quilt looks great.