Friday, April 17, 2009

Some close-ups and This is the Day

Here are some close up pics of my 2 new charts. First off is Our Love. My hubs and I are going to celebrate our 25th anniversary in October this year, so I guess I'm feeling sentimental. Of course 1808 is the year we met! Ha! Ha!(seriously we met when I was just 15 so it does seem a century!!)



Next is my little box, Be Ye Kind and True. I just love covering these craft boxes with fabric, I have quite a few around the house holding all sorts of things.The pattern comes with instructions on how to cover a box yourself. Look for an upcoming tutorial on how to do this, is really isn't that hard, and the way I do it they are really nice and last forever.
And last but not least my start on This is the Day. Wow I am loving this sampler. I haven't worked with overdyes in a while so it is really fun. And its working up quickly which is nice. My colors are really different than those I've seen around the web. I do love my rusty reds, so I am happy with my choice of chili pepper for the buds.

6 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Great pics of your new things, Annie! This is the Day is looking great - love your color choices!

CindyMae said...

This is the Day is such a gorgeous piece and I look forward to watching your progress! I love the other one as well! Great new items!

Deb said...

Love both of your new designs especially the box! And TITD is looking wonderful too! So many people are working on it, that it's just so hard to resist starting it.

tipper said...

Congrats on the 25 years!! Your artwork is beautiful!

david santos said...

Really fantastic cards! very cool!
have a nice week.

elina said...

So this is the wonderful ... and your blog is very nice ... I wish all the best...Elina from Slovakia