Monday, March 19, 2007

Oh Dear!

I'm afraid I overdid it a little at the workshop this weekend! Not by stitching too much, (God Forbid!), but by SPENDING too much! Eileen Bennett was wonderful!! and she brought along lots of books,and charts for sale, so naturally I had to partake!!!

Here is what I bought:

















Here is the project we did.
It is a brand new class piece called Garden Sampler. It is a 17th century style band sampler with LOTS of fun stitches on it. 17 old sampler stitches are included : cross, double cross, small cross, elongated cross, marking cross, long arm cross, framed up-right cross, cross stitch with bar, back, flat stitch square, double back stitch with bars, buttonhole bars,four sided stitch,knit stitch, small rice stitch, queens and colonial knots.

It is so colorful and lots of fun with all the different stitches. Each band is only a little over two inches wide, so it goes very fast.



















Can you see my colonial knots? They are so beautiful with two colors of blue. The green flower base is rice stitch, so it really has a beautiful texture.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

What fun! I love your piece. Sounds like a great weekend to me. Glad you had fun.

Senorita Stitches said...

Garden Sampler looks like a fun stitch. I love Eileen Bennett designs. I'll be watching for your progress on this one for sure.

Kaliedra said...

Ok never mind that, the page didn't load all the photos for me LOL! Your progress looks great :)

Kaliedra said...

Love the Samplers! Which of her samplers did you do in her workshop?

Spanish Princess said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun. That is really a beautiful project. You did a great job!