Wednesday, May 7, 2014

OH! I am in L*O*V*E!!!!!

With my new sewing machine that is!!
 
I have been sewing QUILTS!!!
 
 
I made this baby quilt using a honey bun, and following the tute from Fat Quarter Shop's, Jolly Jabber! The quilt is part of the "shortcut quilts series" and is called Jelly Roll Jam!
 
I have also been working on a quilt called Peony Garden. It is actually meant to be a 30's quilt, but I am doing it in modern brights! I am SO excited about this one!!
 It is a design by Nancy Mahoney from a book called Applique Quilt Revival.

 
I have NEVER had that buttonhole stitch on a sewing machine before! I know a lot of you seasoned quilters have been there and done that, but I have literally PINED for this stitch for years! so now I can finally make this quilt!!! Yay!!
 
 
And just for fun, I found a little sewie tute on how to make one of those cute little triangle thread catchers, so I whipped one of those up too! They are perfect for taking to my Quilt Bee when I am sewing with friends!
 
 
 
So I am enjoying my new sewie relationship!
My Quilt Guild is having a show this September, maybe I'll actually have something to contribute this time!!
 
Blessings,
Annie
 
 


2 comments:

Annie said...

I am so jealous! I've made a note of the make and model so when my Singer (circa Year 1) finally goes, I'll know what to look for.

Love your quilting and your happiness!

Miss Holly said...

There is nothing like a new machine!!! Just looking at your pictures makes me want to sew!!