Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas decorating

I have been trying to get some decorating done, but I have also been battling a little bronchitis-yuck! So I don't have as much done as I usually do by this time of year. I took a few pics of what I have so far, but I still have another tree to put up(I love trees and wish I had room for more!), and my nativity, and lots of garland. I also have my TDIPT deadline to think about at the end of the month(haven't started anything yet!), and my daughter Chelsea and I are planning a sledding party for my youngest Isabel and 6 of her friends for next week. The fun never ends! hehe!
This is my doll cabinet which resides in the dining room right now. I have most of my santas and some of my snowmen on top.

And next to the cabinet is my pretty little white tree which I like to decorate with glass ornaments and glass icicles. I love this little tree!
On the other side is my china cabinet where all of my crystal goblets that I got for my wedding live, and also the beautiful rose plates I inherited from my mother-in-law, which came over from Japan with her when she came to this country.
  On top is our American girl doll collection-all dressed in either Christmas or winter attire. My daughters and I collect them. I have Felicity's complete collection except for the new gala dress, which I hope somebody gets me for Christmas!! Chelsea and I especially like the historic dolls, but Isabel likes the modern girls.

And here are the rest of my snowmen, and my cross stitch Christmas stockings.
And last but not least my tree which is on my sampler wall. We had to put the tree up on a table this year to keep it out of the reach of our new puppy, so the star is actually wired behind the tip! Otherwise it just wasn't going to fit! LOL! Its always something! I have many more samplers to add to this wall, but they are not all framed yet. The tree I let Isabel decorate-which is why the ornaments are all kind of close together and not exactly balanced. For years I let the kids put the ornaments on and then while they are in school I usually rearrange them because it really BUGS my design sense. But this year I have been sick, so I haven't rearranged them yet. Do you do that, or are you able to just let thm hang where the kids put them? hehe!
  Next I will be putting up my 3rd tree, which has all my cross stitch and more primitive ornaments on it. More pics to follow...
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Very nice...love all of your decorations. Your sampler wall is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Take good care, especially at this time of the year!
I am still decorating, too. Seems like the boxes are emptying but then I find more! ... or buy more! ;-)

You have wonderful collections!
But I especially love the sampler wall!

Merry Christmas! ...Karen

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Love all your decorations! The doll cabinet is wonderful and your tree and sampler wall - fabulous!!!

Merry Christmas, Annie!

Siobhán said...

Your decorating is fantastic!! What a neat idea to have a sledding party--too fun. Enjoy your Christmas!

Thelma-Art said...

Wow your decor is awesome!! So beautiful!! Merry Christmas!!